Can you get Toxic Shock Syndrome using a Hello Cup?
The risk of getting TSS (toxic shock syndrome) while using a menstrual cup is extremely low. TSS is a rare but serious condition cause by toxins released by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus. Symptoms include fever, chills, dizziness, fatigue, muscle aches, or rash. If you experience any of these symptoms – remove your Hello Cup and seek medical advice. To keep yourself safe, ensure you do not leave your cup in for more than 12 hours. TSS can only occur if the toxin enters your bloodstream. This can happen if you have an abrasion – which could be caused by sex, nails, tampons or cups being inserted without sufficient vaginal lubrication. If you are aware you have an abrasion, avoid wearing a your cup (or tampon) until it has healed. Wash your hands before and after changing your cup. If you have access to a sink, you can wash your cup after each use with hot water and mild soap. If you are in a loo with no hand basin – it is fine to simply wipe out your cup and reinsert. It is important to sterilise your cup at the end of your cycle. If you have two cups you may wish to alternate them and sterilise after each use. To sterilise your cup, boil in for three minutes, sterilise in the microwave (as you would a baby bottle – specific times and settings will depend on your microwave) or use a sterilising tablet. Sterilising tablets are a great option if you are in shared accomodation. Just soak your menstrual cup with 1/4 of a sterilisation tablet in a glass of water for 15 minutes. Sterilisation tablets (a common brand is Milton) can be found in most supermarkets and chemists (normally in the baby section). If you have any questions email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to help Hello Cup achieve world menstrual cup domination?
We’re looking for a kick-arse sales manager who loves nothing more than smashing sales KPIs out of the park. We’re a small company doing exciting things especially when it comes to reducing single use sanitary waste around the world. Hello Cups have an amazing reputation globally and we need you to help drive our retail growth both locally and internationally.
You’ll be a fun, smart, hard-working person with great contacts and a passion for doing good.
- You are a natural born sales machine! So you know just what to say and when to say to make sure that you are furthering the business needs of the company without compromising our market position
- Know our product through and through so you can target revenue growth
- Achieve sales units, revenue and gross profit targets
- Help facilitate growth of existing accounts by providing exceptional customer service and a solutions based approach and by being the expert that customers turn to for advice
- Articulating and up-selling key product features and benefits to meet various customer needs
- Maintain strong customer relationships and pro-actively manage customer needs
- Ensuring customers have the material they need to promote and communicate the benefits of our products
- Contributing towards the sales culture of a small team of positive, kind and enthusiastic people
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years Wholesale Sales/Account Management experience, ideally with experience in the Health and Wellness sector
- Experienced and highly driven sales professional with great business acumen
- Experience in cold calling with a hunting attitude
- Proven track record in delivering results, targets, KPIs
- Ability to quickly develop lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with customers
- Familiar with the solutions-based sales approach
- Committed to outcomes that benefit the employer and the customer
- Self-motivated and capable of managing your own time and regional area with efficiency and effectiveness Industry experience preferable but not essential
The position is based in Wellington, New Zealand. This is a key role that requires extensive experience and skills. If you don’t have experience, please don’t apply - it’s an absolute prerequisite.
If you think you’re the person we need then what are you waiting for? We can’t wait to hear from you! Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 9th October 2020.
Vaginal cup, period cup, menstrual cup... Whatever you call it, The Hello Cup is a great choice.
It’s worth remembering that we don’t recommend buying your cup based on your flow alone. Instead, sizing is based on fitness and age.
Our XS is our smallest, softest cup. It’s the perfect choice for teenagers, petite users or those who prefer a ‘mini’ tampon.
Our S/M is our ‘one size fits most’ menstrual cup. We recommend it for users under 35 – regardless of whether they have had children or not.
Our L (L for ‘Lovely’) is best for those over 35 who feel it’s a bit more roomy up there.
It’s worth noting that we find physically fit people are often best suited to the S/M regardless of age. If you’re uncertain, Hello Double Boxes are a great option to help you find which size works best for you. Many people find they can wear two sizes.